Your siding greatly affects the curb appeal and energy efficiency of your home. If the wall cladding of your house is discolored, broken, coming loose or showing other forms of damage, it can cause plenty of serious issues, such as heated or cooled air escaping to the outside and moisture and pests entering your home. Deciding whether to repair your siding or have it completely replaced is tough. Here’s a brief guide to help you make the best decision.
When Repairing Your Siding Is Feasible
A professional repair service job is often a quick and relatively inexpensive way to restore a slightly damaged siding. Opt for siding repair services if you notice the following issues:
- Holes: Hole marks on your siding panels can lead to considerable damage. There is a great chance that holes will allow moisture or rain to seep into the interiors. They are also a sure sign that birds, bugs and other insects are slowly making their way into the walls.
- Loose panels: A single loose panel will require minor siding repair. Be sure to call in a siding specialist to properly remove and install the siding panels that are needed.
- Chipping and cracking: Minor chipping and small cracks are easily repaired. It is important to get them fixed as soon as possible to avoid further damage.
When Replacing Your Siding Is Feasible
If a big portion of your siding material is damaged by elements, replacing it entirely is the smarter and more cost-effective route to take.
- Excessive maintenance: If you are frequently repainting, cleaning and repairing the siding, it is high time to get rid of the old material and replace it with new.
- Dry rot: Rotting may seem like a minimal issue, but it is an indication that your siding is already starting to fail. It first appears below the surface and will eventually eat away the structure of the material, leaving only the topmost layer of the siding intact.
- Bubbles: Do you see bubbles forming underneath the surface of your siding? It is proof that water or moisture is trapped behind the siding – a clear red flag. It is only a matter of time before that moisture affects the insulation, frame and beams of the house.
Ben’s Construction Inc is a premier source of siding and gutters solutions in Natick, MA, and surrounding areas. Our top-rated professionals are committed to providing the comfort and efficiency you need through superior workmanship and outstanding customer service. Call us today at (508) 962-2417, or fill out our contact form to set up an appointment.