Your gutters are responsible for diverting water away from your home, preventing a number of serious issues, such as basement flooding and soil erosion. Oftentimes, a well-maintained aluminum or galvanized steel gutter system can last for 25 to 30 years while some high-end options like copper can last up to 50 years. Any of these signs indicate that it may be time to replace your gutters.
- Detached gutters: Over time, the weight of excessive amounts of water and melting snow can pull a gutter away from the roof or cause it to fall off altogether. While there are times when a detached gutter can be reattached, it often requires a complete replacement.
- Rotten wood: Doors, door frames, trim, siding and windows sills are exterior components that the gutter should protect from elements. If these areas are exhibiting signs of wood damage, then your gutters are likely to be failing.
- Foundation cracks: If your gutters are leaking, water will drip from several wrong places, creating cracks in the foundation. It is critical to address this problem before severe damage occurs. Call a roof installation company to inspect your entire roofing system so they can recommend long-term solutions for your needs.
- Rust: Once the water-resistant lining fails, rust and corrosion can take place, which is a significant indication that you are in dire need of a gutter replacement. Fix this problem as soon as possible to avoid dealing with other bigger, more costly problems down the road.
- Mold, mildew or moss: High moisture levels encourage mold, mildew and moss growth. If mold occurs on interior and exterior walls or on the ground protected by gutters, there may be a leak or other issues in the system that need patching up.
Ben’s Construction Inc is a premier source of home renovation solutions, including gutter installation and siding replacement. Our certified team delivers industry-leading products and outstanding customer service to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of each and every client. Call us at (508) 962-2417, or fill out our contact form to request a free, no-obligation estimate.